Thursday, August 28, 2014

Why Learn How to Lucid Dream

There seems to be a lot of discussion lately on lucid dreaming, especially amongst the YouTube-ing community.  In fact, I’ve made several of my own videos about lucid dreaming which you can find at the link below.  In case you don’t already know what a lucid dream is, it’s when you know that you are dreaming as you dream.  This gives you the potential to manipulate your dream world so that you can do whatever you want.  


I first heard the concept of lucid dreaming in middle school when one of my friends told me he could control his dreams.  Of course, he was just using this ability to release sexual tension.  I tried for a while and had very little success (I could never convince my dream characters that it was a good idea to have sex with me) so I gave up… until recently.  I recently rediscovered lucid dreaming and found a whole new context for how it could be used; that is, dream therapy.


Now, you may be thinking I’m crazy, saying to yourself, “You need real therapy!”  How can you have therapy without a therapist?  Well, it’s true, I’m not saying you should give your therapist a pink slip and start sleeping all the time.  However, dreaming can be a powerful tool, especially if you are going through something as difficult as transitioning your gender.  The reason it’s so great is that during your dreams you have access to your subconscious mind.  When you talk to a therapist most of what they are doing is trying to unlock your true feelings, your inner most fears and desires.  What if instead of spending countless hours in endless therapy sessions going around in circles you could ask your subconscious directly and have an answer in seconds?  In your dreams you can!


If you have a lucid dream you can close your eyes and tell yourself, “I want to speak to my subconscious.”  Then you can imagine your subconscious mind as a dream character standing in front of you.  When you open your eyes they should be there and then you will be able to have a conversation with them.  You can ask them questions that your conscious mind hasn’t been able to or hasn’t allowed you to answer yet.  Sometimes, your subconscious character will even give you information that you didn’t think to ask about or lead you to new questions you haven’t thought of yet.  By doing this you can access your true feelings and do away with a lot of confusion.


You can also use your dreams as a chance to meditate on positive intentions for your life and your goals.  Specifically, as a transgender person you can create a mantra like, “I am ready for transition.  I am happy about my transition.  I will love myself before, during, and after my transition.”  This can dramatically reshape your mood and give you more confidence.  Also, if you have a particular fear about transition your can choose to either face that fear head on or you can talk to your subconscious dream character about that fear in order to get advice.  This can be a powerful way to overcome hurdles that might otherwise stall or even prevent your transition!


I’ve also come up with my own “lucid dream program” to aid my transition.  First, I will meditate on seeing myself as a masculine person and affirming to myself that I am already a man.  I am confident that this will carry over to my real life and make me more confident in my masculinity and my transition.  Also, I am a big believer in the power of mind over body because I have seen and experienced first hand amazing results with meditation and thought channeling.  Therefore, I will also use my dreams to tell my body that I am overflowing with Testosterone.  I will tell myself that this Testosterone is changing my body by causing more muscle mass, growing a beard, shutting down my menstrual cycle, and deepening my voice.  I can’t say for sure that this will work or what kind of results I will get if it does, but I’m confident it will at least have low levels of effectiveness.  I also think it will make me excited about transition and make me feel more positive about my masculine body image.


At any rate, your overall goal with lucid dream therapy should be to learn more about yourself and learn how to accept and love yourself for who you really are.  Transition can be scary and it can take us years to realize that it’s what we need to be happy!  Sometimes, we start transition only to realize how difficult it is and we become too scared to continue.  If you can use your dreams to make this process easier to understand and easier to deal with I say, “Why not!”  It’s free, it’s fun, and you do it every night anyway!  


Sweet dreams...


If you want to learn how to lucid dream watch my instructional YouTube video at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-63tIzEpvvA

If you want to hear about my lucid dreams visit my YouTube channel at:
https://www.youtube.com/user/EamonWill/videos

No comments:

Post a Comment